We are a boutique Management Consultancy specialized in Strategic Brand and Business Development
Our work is based on deeply rooted cultural, sociological, and psychological Insights
We are based in Mexico City and Copenhagen
What we do
We advise leading Family Companies, Entrepreneurs, Corporates, Real Estate Developers, Wealth Management Funds, and Investment Banks.
Further, we serve as members of Advisory Boards.
We have developed Brand and Business Strategies rooted in Insights to:
- Optimize corporate structure
- Build brand architecture
- Cultivate brands
- Create company culture to retain and attract talent
- Develop new products and services
- Crystallize communication and sharpen core proposition
- Activate on and offline media to aid core stories
- Designate acquisition targets with unrealized brand potential
- Evaluate potential brand equity in due diligence
- Strengthen investment thesis
Since 2014, NCBD has provided national and global advisory services in the industry sectors:
- Real Estate (residential, retail, mixed use)
- Food & Beverage
Peter J. Haugstrup
Peter J. Haugstrup has 20 years of experience in Strategic Brand and Business Development. Starting out as an international lawyer, Peter directed his focus towards Brand and Business Development while working at the Strategic Planning Unit of the Executive Office of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Kofi Annan.
Throughout his subsequent management consultancy, Peter has developed national and international Brand and Business Strategies in a variety of industry sectors being Consumer, Finance, F&B, Infrastructure, Leisure, Manufacturing, Maritime, Real Estate, and Telecom.
20 years of experience includes:
- Vice President of the Nordic Chamber of Commerce in Mexico representing Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
- Senior Director of Insights International A/S developing, testing and integrating Scandinavian, European, or Global Strategies for: The Absolut Vodka Brand of Pernod-Ricard, Arla Foods (Future Creations Department), Motorola, The Maersk Group, GE Capital Bank, Danisco, Kopenhagen Fur, Aqua d’or, Gordon’s Gin, Unilever, Coca–Cola Europe, CPH Airport, Wyborowa, Luksusova, and Fris vodka (Brands of Pernod-Ricard).
- Apprenticeship in psychology under Dr. Jørn Beckmann, Professor Emeritus in Psychology at New York University.
- Co-founder of the Strategic Advisory firm ImagineWhen AG in Switzerland consulting start-ups globally on venture capital, business development, and brand development.
- Associate Professor in International Law at the University of Copenhagen, creating and teaching the Master course International Law from a European Perspective to primarily IVY League students (at the same time, advising on international matters of corporate law as an Associate of the then Sand & Partners Law Firm).
- Affiliated researcher at the Strategic Planning Unit of the Executive Office of the Secretary-General of the United Nations (Millennium Report in 1999/2000 and speech writer for the Secretary-General Kofi Annan).
Peter holds a Master of International Law from the University of Copenhagen with the equivalent of summa cum laude in Modern International Law. Furthermore, his first novel ‘Sagens Natur’ was published in Denmark in 2011.
For more than 20 years, Morten Windelev has created Brand Identities for well over 100 leading brand owners in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, and Switzerland.
Our design team has won more than 80 national and international design awards, and our Brand Identities have been published in numerous design publications around the world. In addition to being NCBD Partner, Morten is the Founder of Re-public, a boutique design agency.
Selected clients include:
- Maersk; world’s leading shipping company
- QVARTZ; leading Nordic management consulting company
- RIóN M&A; Mexico’s leading mid-market investment bank
- DBA; Denmark’s largest classifieds site owned by eBay
- Kopenhagen Fur; World’s largest auction house of fur skins and the leading center for the global fur industry
- SOS International; Leading assistance organization providing worldwide medical, travel and roadside assistance
- FSN Capital; Leading Northern European Private Equity Fund focused on the mid-market.
- KLP; The biggest pension fund I Noway
Design awards include:
- 13 Red Dot Awards in the category Corporate Identity, Grand prix, Best of the Best
- German Design Award for Corporate Identities 6 years in a row
- Creative Circle’s Design Agency of the Year in Denmark, as well as large number of gold, silver and bronze prices in Identity Design
- European Design Award in the category Corporate Identity
Head of Creative
Martin Kongstad’s multidisciplinary expertise springs from three decades in media and art; writing novels, non-fiction books, journalism, movies, tv-series, theatre plays, creating advertising concepts, and being radio host.
Martin’s accomplishments allow him to create the Brand Experience for all employees and external target groups; also developing company culture to further ensure consistency in internal and external communication. Martin has won numerous prizes in literature, journalism, advertising, and for TV-series.
Selected works include:
- Novels: ‘Kokken der holdt op med at rødme’ (2018, Politikens forlag), ‘Am I Cold’ (2015 Serpent´s Tail), ‘Fryser Jeg’ (2013, People’s Press) ‘Han Danser på sin søns grav’ (2009, People’s Press).
- Non-fiction books: ‘Dengang i 80´erne’, (Back in the Eighties), about youth culture (2003, Gyldendal).
- Journalism: Feature writer at ‘Weekendavisen’, (the most distinguished literary weekly, 2013- present), Editor-in-chief at ‘Københavner’ (‘The Copenhagener’, a magazine for the cultural first movers, 2011-2013), Feature writer at ‘Politiken’ (the cultural newspaper in Denmark, 2006), Food critic at ‘Dagen’, (2002), Essayist at ‘Politiken’ (2001), Music editor and food critic at Euroman (the leading mens magazine, 1992-1999), Editor-in-chief at ‘Schäfer Magazine’ (Art and Culture,1994-2001).
- Advertising: Copywriting and idea at the biggest and most successful Danish ad-agency ‘Wibroe, Duckert and Partners,’ 2002-2010. Senior Creative at campaigns for ‘Tuborg’ (largest Danish brewery), Toms (Largest sweets company), ‘BT ‘(tabloid, National Danish Post), Kims (largest snack company) and many others. Written more than 500 commercials.
- Movies, TV-series, and theatre plays: ‘Backstage’ (sit-com for Danish National TV, 2014) ‘Deroute’ (tv-series for Danish National TV, 2008), ‘Dobbelt-Per’ (musical, Tisvilde theatre, both script and composer, 2010), ‘Fiaskospiralen’ (theatre play, Dr. Dante, 1999), ‘Dengse & Mørket’ (theatre play, Mungo Park, 1998), Sub-editor at ‘Frank of Denmark’ (Danish National tv, 1995), Editor of ‘Sådan er Mænd’ (Danish National TV, 2014), Sub-editor at Atom-tv (TV3, 1994).
- Radio: Host and editor of ‘Bearnaise er Dyrenes Konge’ (food criticism, Danish national radio, Radio 24/7, 2014-present), Host and editor of ‘Den Store Roman’ (the Big Novel, Danish national radio, Radio 24/7, 2011).