We are a boutique Management Consultancy specialized in Strategic Brand and Business Development
Our work is deeply rooted in cultural, sociological and psychological Insights
We are based in Mexico City and Copenhagen
What we do
We advise private equity funds, corporates, and family companies on strategic brand and business development.
Our objective is creating the best foundation for the management team to generate fast strategic growth – and consequently, higher multiples on exit for private equity funds.
Our advise is based on insights into what really drives demand crystallized through qualitative in-depth interviews with the right target groups:
The real drivers of trial:
Why do target groups engage and/or buy for the first time?
The real drivers of continuous engagement and/or referral:
Why do target groups engage and/or buy again? Why do they refer? Why not?
Why do target groups reject, avoid or ignore the brand, products or services?
Since 2014, NCBD has provided national and global advisory services in the industry sectors:
- Food & Beverage
- Real Estate Development
We are advising in markets including the USA, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Argentine, UK, Spain, Denmark, Norway, France, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, and South Korea.
Peter J. Haugstrup
Peter J. Haugstrup has over 20 years of international experience in strategic brand and business development.
Starting out as an international lawyer, Peter directed his focus towards brand and business development while working at the Strategic Planning Unit of the Executive Office of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Kofi Annan.
In the private sector, Peter subsequently developed global and regional brand and business strategies in the industry sectors: Consumer, Finance, Food & Beverage, Luxury, Infrastructure, Leisure, Manufacturing, Maritime, and Telecom.
- Vice President of the Nordic Chamber of Commerce in Mexico; representing the private sector of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
- Senior Director at Insights International A/S developing global and regional brand and business strategies for strategics and corporates in markets including including the USA, Mexico, Canada, Russia, and Europe.
- Co-founder of the Strategic Advisory firm ImagineWhen AG in Switzerland consulting start-ups globally on venture capital in combination with strategic business and brand development
- Affiliated researcher and speech writer at the Strategic Planning Unit of the Secretary-General of the United Nations.
Peter J. Haugstrup holds a Master of International Law from the University of Copenhagen with the equivalent of summa cum laude in Modern International Law, served as Associate Professor in international law, and has undertaken a four years apprenticeship in psychology under Dr. Jørn Beckmann, Professor Emeritus in Psychology at New York University.
Furthermore, his novel ‘Sagens Natur’ was published in Denmark in 2011.
For more than 20 years, Morten Windelev has created Brand Identities for well over 100 leading brand owners in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Australia, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, and Switzerland.
Our design team has won more than 80 national and international design awards, and our Brand Identities have been published in numerous design publications around the world. In addition to being NCBD Partner, Morten is the Founder of Re-public, a boutique design agency.
Selected clients include:
- Maersk; world’s leading shipping company
- QVARTZ; leading Nordic management consulting company
- RIóN M&A; Mexico’s leading mid-market investment bank
- DBA; Denmark’s largest classifieds site owned by eBay
- Kopenhagen Fur; World’s largest auction house of fur skins and the leading center for the global fur industry
- FSN Capital; Leading Northern European Private Equity Fund focused on the mid-market
- KLP; Largest pension fund in Norway
Design awards include:
- Red Dot Awards for Corporate identities in 8 out of the last 9 years
- German Design Award for Corporate Identities 7 years in a row
- Creative Circle’s Design Agency of the Year in Denmark, as well as large number of gold, silver and bronze prices i
- European Design Award 2018 in the category Corporate Identity
- Dezeen Award – Design project of the year 2019
Head of Creative
Martin Kongstad’s multidisciplinary expertise springs from three decades in media and art; writing novels, non-fiction books, journalism, movies, tv-series, theatre plays, creating advertising concepts, and being radio host.
Martin’s accomplishments allow him to create the Brand Experience for all employees and external target groups; also developing company culture to further ensure consistency in internal and external communication. Martin has won numerous prizes in literature, journalism, advertising, and for TV-series.
Selected works include:
- Novels: ‘Kokken der holdt op med at rødme’ (2018), ‘Am I Cold’ (2015), ‘Fryser Jeg (2013), ‘Han Danser på sin søns grav’ (2009).
- Non-fiction books: ’Casper’ biography of Casper Christensen (2020), ‘Dengang i 80´erne´ about youth culture (2003).
- Journalism: Feature writer at ‘Weekendavisen’, Editor-in-chief at ‘Københavner’, Feature writer at ‘Politiken’, Food critic at ‘Dagen’, Music editor and food critic at Euroman, Editor-in-chief at ‘Schäfer Magazine’.
- Advertising: Senior Creative at the then biggest and most successful Danish ad-agency ‘Wibroe, Duckert and Partners,’ 2002-2010. Written more than 500 commercials.
- Movies, TV-series, and theatre plays: ‘Backstage’ (sit-com, 2014), Sådan er Mænd’ (tv-series,2014), ’Deroute’ (2008), ‘Dobbelt-Per’ (musical, 2010), ‘Fiaskospiralen’ (theatre play, 1999), ‘Dengse & Mørket’ (theatre play, 1998).
- Radio: Host and editor of ‘Bearnaise er Dyrenes Konge’ (Food criticism, 2014-present), Host and editor of ‘Den Store Roman’ (Book criticism, 2011).